- ClearCut has developed a novel, patent protected, mini-MR technology for surface imaging and for the assessment of tissue microstructure.
- The first application of the technology is a compact, automatic, accurate, affordable and simple to use intra-operative system for real time margin assessment of cancerous lumps removed in lumpectomies which will improve the surgical outcome and decrease re-excision rates (currently averaged 25%- 30%!) as well as the associated costs.
- The company completed a multi-center clinical study in Israel demonstrating sensitivity and specificity of over 90%, in line with literature for in-vivo big MRI scanners.
- Additional applications include breast cancer biopsies, margin assessment of skin cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer and lung cancer tissue microstructure.
- The market for ClearCut’s products is estimated at over US$2B.
The Clear-Sight system already has CE certification. FDA approval is expected in 2017.